February 22, 2008

Why Must I Get Married?

I get this news that all of my cousins have settled down. They are either "married", got kids, or engaged. Every time this subject comes up there's always the question..."When are you going to get married?" I hate this question so much that it makes me want to puke every time I hear it. Seriously I just want to blow chunks on anyone that asks me this question, maybe next time I just might (well not puke but maybe water out the mouth or something).

My answer to this question is always the same. "What is so good about being married in your mid twenties?" I mean seriously is there an expiration date on yourself if you're not married by a certain age? I think being in your mid twenties is the time that you find yourself, it's the time that you have for yourself. This is the time that you can be a self-fish bitch and pleasure yourself (alright not in that way).

I don't see the rush in taking the big plunge. Isn't the divorce rate up? Come on now being married so young is not all it's cracked up to be...to me that is. I want to travel, I want to meet new people, I want to spend money on myself damn it. Let me flirt with as many hot boys and lay on as many beaches as I can before I settle down with one guy. It does not mean that if you're not married by a certain age that you're going to be a lonely hag for the rest of your life. To me it means that you're an independent person that is going to put yourself first before having to answer or compromise with someone else.

Alright I'm sounding like I'm a self-fish bastard, but who cares. I'm not ready to give my life up at an early age right now. Let me indulge in my travels, my career, let me amass my LV collection first. I have no qualms with marriage but it's not for me right now. Good for those who want to be tied down and have found that person you want to be with forever. Do not force marriage on those who are not ready for it and still want to have some fun.
*To my family: When I decide to get married, you'll receive an invite or else you'll just see pictures...HA!!!*

2 comments:

Jake said...

Honey,I totally agree with you! You can't get married without going through your bucket list! Hang loose and chill out, sis.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with u! I am also 25 and facing same problem! :(