January 17, 2008

Do you speak English?

This has got me so irritated and has happened to me on a couple of occassions. Here's my story: I come home for lunch to feed my dogs around noonish today. It's freezing, snowing pretty hard outside and I was already frustrated from my employees at work. Well as I'm feeding my dogs I hear this knock at the door and I'm thinking "oh great who can it be now?" When I do open the door this lady is standing there and I remember her from a couple different times she came by. This lady is a Jehovah's witness and so annoying for that fact. She proceeds to ask if I go to church and if I did what church I went to. I'm telling her "look lady I don't have time cause I only have an hour for my lunch break". I'm guessing she's hard of hearing because she totally dismisses what I just said and asks me "Do you understand English? Can you read English or do you read a different language?" I'm standing there thinking that I just spoke to her in English and if I didn't understand English I wouldn't have responded. My response to her question was "Are you serious lady? You've been here trying to solicite our neighborhood so many times and you've been to my door a couple times. Everytime you come here I speak English to you don't I? What am I speaking right now? Am I speaking gibberish or something for you not to understand me and ask me that stupid question?" She just stands there looking at me right in my face and said "So do you understand English?" At this point all I can say is "OMG are you dumb or something, I really don't have time for dumb people like you so if you come by here again then I'm going to let my dog out on you." *Door slams in her face at this time*

Really people I'm speaking English to her and she had the audascity to ask me if I understand or speak English. I swear some people are either ignorant or just plain dumb. This lady was just plain dumb. I'm multi-lingual but damn don't just assume by the color of my skin that I do not understnad or can't speak the language at all. I was raised here, went to school here and work here so of course I am fluent. Gosh she just needs to quit comming to my house or next time I'll curse at her in all the languages I know. Take that!!!

No comments: