January 18, 2008

Asians Dancing

There's this myth that Asians can't dance, and I always get asked the question if I'm able to dance because I'm Asian. Supposedly anyone that's considered Asian have no rhythm, coordination and we're a joke on the dance floor.

Let me tell you whoever told this myth is wrong. We have rhythm, we have coordination and we can show up some people on the dance floor. I have plenty of friends that can dance like they just stepped out of a music video or something. When we're out at the club people crowd around us to see how we get down. I'm not saying that we're all fabulous dancers or anything but we're not all horrible dancers either. I have to admit that there are people out there that don't have rhythm and should just stay off the dance floor but that's true for others not just us Asians. Mostly we can shake it like the best of them and people will be surprised as to how we can get down on the dance floor. Don't judge us by what you hear, we may surprise you. Don't sleep on us...we're only getting started.

Now check out some Asians showing how it's done.




No comments: