August 24, 2010

Getting Back Into It

Well hello again to the blog world. I've been gone for a really long time from my blog and you'll have to forgive me for I have had so many things going on. It's been a really hectic couple years since I've last written anything on here.

I moved from Sydney to Brisbane. I've been working and going to school all at the same time, let alone got married and a baby underway. I know crazy right, I was the one asking "why I should get married?" and "what's so cute about babies?". Well I'll soon get to experience it on my own.

Life in Brisbane is such a blur. It's not the same experience as it was when I was living in Sydney. It's a different kind of atmosphere. Sydney has the culture, the attractions and the vast majority of people. Brisbane on the other hand has culture but its more of a laid back kinda atmosphere. Attractions here are far and wide, you have to travel to the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast to basically see anything that is remotely amusing. But I have to give it to living here in Brisbane though, the weather is great year round. It's warm even in the winter, and during the summer you get a massive tan (I've gone black and had this tan for over a year now).

I've found my husband here. Family I never knew I had is here. It's been a whirl wind of a year, I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. Brisbane has been good to me in ways that I never knew and yet in a way it has been cruel to me as well. When I'm in Brisbane I think of the days of being in Sydney...basically my single life. Sydney was the last stop in my single life and boy what a fun ride that was. I partied til the wee hours, I didn't have to think of anyone but myself, I had fun meeting new people and exploring the city...most of all I was carefree.

My experience in Queensland had me go up the Queensland coast and seen some amazing things. I experienced all this with my husband, the person who took me out to see these amazing places. There has been a year and a half of me discovering Queensland and along the way I kind of discovered myself.

No comments: